• #1 by cw6ft2ntx on 12 Jan 2018
  • I find this hilarious  :ting:

You might have noticed some recent hype around a new type of “smokeless” tobacco product: heat-not-burn (HNB) cigarettes. Unlike e-cigarettes, HNB cigarettes use actual tobacco. However, instead of burning the tobacco like a traditional cigarette, HNB devices warm the tobacco just enough to heat it into a vapor.
    HNB cigarettes are very new, but they are already being touted as the “next big thing” for smokers and smokeless alternatives. Even though they haven’t been released in the United States yet, news agencies all over are speculating that HNB cigarettes will be popular enough to compete with the growing e-cigarette and vapor products market.

Continue reading->
  • #2 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • This is big tobaccos plan to jump on the bandwagon! They know they're too late to the game to compete with e-cigarettes so they pull this out of their hats.
    I'm guessing that they're hoping that smokers would rather take the HNB path to the vaping path as its actually closer to smoking!

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!
  • #3 by cw6ft2ntx on 12 Jan 2018
  • It's just hilarious to think that at 55$ a carton, (this was 7yrs ago), people would actually fall for this? And with your employer telling you because you are a smoker/former smoker, you will be tested for Nic for placing a higher price on your health insurance for a positive test? They are nuts :happydance: :nope:
  • #4 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • Definitely crazy! £100 a carton over here now (£100 for 200 cigarettes!! outrageous) but I think smokers will want to stick with what they know (stinkies) although everyone knows someone who vapes now days, so hopefully the vapers will be able to guide the smoker away from HNB products.
  • #5 by cw6ft2ntx on 12 Jan 2018
  • Agreed. There is another Vape store just outside the city limits of my little town. It's actually in a much smaller town than mine! So if they can make a go of it, maybe more will quit. I can't see anyone sucking on a warm ciggy  :nope:
  • #6 by ezeetrucker on 12 Jan 2018
  • It's a bonkers idea, at the price they want for them you might as well buy "ordinary" cigs.

Makes you wonder how much the switch to vaping is costing the big tobacco giants in revenue.
  • #7 by SomeCallMeLaz on 12 Jan 2018
  • I always hated giving big tobacco my money when I was a smoker. There’s no chance I would give them a penny nowadays.  :razz:
  • #8 by cw6ft2ntx on 26 Jan 2018
  • I just saw on my local news that these ridiculous heated cigarette devices will not be sold in the US  :happydance:

Take THAT big tobacco  :clicky: :slap: :kick: :rswear:
  • #9 by Ceekay on 26 Jan 2018
  • Thats brilliant CW! And a right kick in the danglies for the big Tobacco companies!
  • #10 by Sarrienne on 26 Jan 2018
  • These are basically just weed 'vaporizers' sold as tobacco 'vaporizers', aren't they?
    Reckon marijuana use will rise, as well.