+-+-

My Profile+-

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

February 14, 2018, 01:28:10 AM tiddler says: Talking of jobs.
I refused to believe my road worker lodger was stealing from his job, but when I got home, all the signs were there.

:haha:

February 13, 2018, 09:53:19 PM Ceekay says: ??? ::)
Don't give up the day job Tids..... oh, you already did!  :-\

February 12, 2018, 11:53:15 PM tiddler says: In Spain, there is a tradition after a bullfight to serve the mayor the bull’s testicles.
-
One day after a bullfight, the mayor asks the waiter: “Funny, why are they so small today?”
-
The waiter: “Today, sir, the bull won.”

February 12, 2018, 01:06:47 PM Ceekay says: ::) ;D

February 12, 2018, 12:10:11 AM tiddler says: ............. Doctor: “I’ve found a great new drug that can help you with your sleeping problem.”

Patient: “Great, how often do I have to take it?”

Doctor: “Every two hours.”

;D

View Shout History

Author Topic: Leaky Kylin  (Read 295 times)

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
  • Rated: +155
Leaky Kylin
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:28:48 PM »
I’ve oretty much hammered the Kylin since I bought it and it will randomly leak around the base, not from the air holes but where the base itself meets the mod.... I know this was an issue with the V1, but the V2 was supposed to have corrected it. Apparently it’s to do with the peak insulator on the deck.

Watched numerous videos on this issue and even wat he’d one guy try to re seal the insulator with decorators flexible filler. Not something I wish to heat up and inhale to be honest.

Many people have fired off an email to VandyVape and have had replacement bases sent out (3 week wait from China) so I’ve done the same.

Really sad because I love this RTA.

Fingers crossed I get a response.

Incidentally the vendor I purchased from wouldn’t consider replacing the tank and said I had to contact Vv directly. Pretty poor from a company who sold it only a few weeks ago.

• Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
Always got my head in the clouds.

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +581
Re: Leaky Kylin
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »
Name and shame then SS!!
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +521
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
Yes spot on Julie plaster him all over face book ss
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
Right. I was prepared to give the company time to come up with an appropriate response.

However,

E Cligarette Outlet in Halifax, one of a few branches in the North, head office in Bradford will not replace the Kylin, even though it was purchased in the last 30 days, returned in box etc etc.

The best they will offer to do is send the tank to their “Repair Guy” who will have a look at it and decide if it can be fixed or needs replacing...

First point...
Breaking every consumer protection law there is as was purchased within last 30 days.

Second Point...
Third party dismantling and or attempted repair will invalidate VandyVapes warranty.

Third Point...
Knob Heads.

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
Terrible customer service I wouldn't buy off them again it wouldn't be much to replace the tank for you and more in their favour to keep your custom

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
Yeah thats really not good!

I was going to say go and fill their twitter page up with complaints https://twitter.com/Ecigoutlet1
But it doesn't look like they ever look at it!  :roll:

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
Well I just realised I purchased it on my Credit Card so got in to them straight away.

I’ve raised a complaint and they want me to get something in writing so I sent this to their email.

“Dear Sirs.

I have contacted your Halifax branch on numerous occasions regarding a VandyVape Kylin V2 which I purchased on 28/12/2017.

The RTA has a leak at the base which is a known issue on the V1 and on some V2 batches. This is not a wicking issue.

I was told that I could not receive an over the counter replacement and would have to contact Kylin.

I was then told that you would accept return of the RTA and send it off to your “Repair Guy” which could take a week to 10 days... this is not acceptable as any interference would invalidate Kylin own warranty.

I was then told nothing can be done without the original receipt, I advised I could show proof of purchase from Credit Card Statement. This I was told was “Not Acceptable”

I have now contacted my credit card company and raised a complaint against yourselves.

I would like to remind you that any goods purchased within 30 days are covered by specific sections of the Customer Protection act in that:

1. Faulty or unfit for purpose goods should be immediately replaced.

2. Bank Statements/Credit Card Statements are acceptable as proof of purchase with a merchant if number.

Please therefore confirm within 24 hours that you are prepared to replace the defective goods with a brand new replacement at the Halifax store or provide a full refund.

I attach a screen shot of my credit card statement showing the purchase.

Regards

Matthew Hardy

Please note that failing to respond will be considered a refusal of replacement/refund”

Basically, if I don’t get a reply then the bank with refund me :-)

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
Good on you SS, it annoys me when companies think people have money to just throw away on faulty goods.
Especially when its a UK company and they should know all about consumer law and rights!

Fingers crossed this gives them the kick up the ass that they need.

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
  • Studying Cool.
    • https://www.facebook.com/graham.evans.313
  • Rated: +459
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »
Heh! That told em mate  :thumbup:

Hope it does the job for you :yes:
"May the Squonk be with you" :vape:

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
Yes good for you ss good to see you standing up for your rights years ago I bought a fitted kitchen I paid them half in cash and the other half was finance as it was 0%interest so I opened a direct debit to pay every month then seemingly they sold the company to another company who had not been taking any payments a few months down the line I had a letter from them saying I had not being paying the loan back and they wanted full payment straight away so I wrote back to them explaining payments where set up by direct debit and there for it was their fault for not taking payments I also included the name of my solicitors a few days latter I received a letter back from them appolagising and if I sent them £50 they would write the debt off happy days

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »
@Zimmerman Well done mate. Sadly so many people give up at the first hurdle, in your case that could’ve screwed your credit rating etc. Know your rights, especially in these days of internet shopping.

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »
I’ll update you all if and when I get a response.

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 08:54:42 PM »
Yes please do and thanks ss

Offline SmokeScreen

• The Originals
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »
One email quoting my rights etc and I get this reply...

“Dear Customer,

As a retailer we have a right to examine the device to see if it may have been misused in any way.
On this occasion we have decided to take your word that you are a competent builder and are willing to exchange it for the sake of good customer service.

We expect the original packaging to be sent back as well.

Kind Regards

TeamEcigaretteoutlet”

Banzai!!!

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
  • Studying Cool.
    • https://www.facebook.com/graham.evans.313
  • Rated: +459
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »
Result :thumbs:
"May the Squonk be with you" :vape:

Social Media

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Instagram

Read our Blog Reviews

Contact us

Our Sponsors

Vapesourcing.com

Vaptio.com

Recent Topics+-

Nicer ONE - Vandy Vape Pulse BF Squonk Mod New Panels by Vapesourcing
Today at 08:11:38 AM

Kangertech Five6 Mini Tank Review by Eat Ma BB
Today at 07:17:54 AM

Vaptio P-III, supports various output modes VT/VW/BYPASS by Jason.L
Today at 03:56:29 AM

The Last Post Thread by tiddler
Today at 12:57:57 AM

Word Association by cw6ft2ntx
February 23, 2018, 09:59:41 PM

Tesla CP Couples Kit - Review by tiddler
February 23, 2018, 09:35:54 PM

Add A Word Take A Word. by zimmerman
February 23, 2018, 09:31:34 PM

Which one do you prefer, SMOK MAG KIT or SMOK MAG KIT Right-Handed Edition? by Ceekay
February 23, 2018, 09:23:05 PM

Big tobacco are stepping up by zimmerman
February 23, 2018, 05:19:22 PM

What Flavour Are You Vaping At This Minute? by zimmerman
February 23, 2018, 03:26:00 PM

Birthdays+-