Pages:
Actions
  • #181 by StarGeezerTim on 11 Jan 2018
  • Nice one Tim pity you can't get the star trek series it's very good although the first season ended already with only 10 episodes

Yeah, I understand the Trek series is available elsewhere in the world on Netflix, but here in the states it's exclusively on the CBS app which you need to subscribe to in order to watch. I'm already being nickle-and-dimed with stuff like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc., I don't need to throw another log on the fire. ;)
  • #182 by zimmerman on 11 Jan 2018
  • Yes I know what you mean mate although I get most of mine for free Netflix I get from my son and show box is a free app
  • #183 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • I finally got showbox, had to jailbreak my ipad to get it though! lol
    Kodi for the laptop still though, I have to have an android emulater to run showbox on the laptop and it makes the talking 3 seconds behind the mouth moving.... drives me nuts.
  • #184 by zimmerman on 12 Jan 2018
  • Not a problem through my phone Julie perfect picture and sound
  • #185 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • Yeah my son said you need an android.... Not likely lol. I've had apple products for way to long to learn to use android all over again!
  • #186 by tiddler on 12 Jan 2018
  • Doesn't anybody watch tv on a tv anymore  :scratch:

I've got an Amazon fire tv box with Kodi and Showbox on each of my tellies and love Showbox  :yes: Have seen some great films using it  :smile:
  • #187 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • Yeah we have a firestick with kodi on it, never thought of putting showbox on it though! What a bloomin good idea Tids.
    Even then though, when I have the living room to myself and everyone else is in bed, I still watch everything on my laptop. Hate having the TV on! lol
  • #188 by StarGeezerTim on 12 Jan 2018
  • I'm just the opposite, Jules. If I have a choice of watching something on a phone or tablet, versus my 50" 4K UHD TV, three guesses which one I'm going to choose? LOL  :think2:
  • #189 by tiddler on 12 Jan 2018
  • Yep, Love my tv's

Got a 65" one in the conservatory and a Samsung 4k 55" curved screen with soundbar + massive subwoofer and a tower pc all hooked up to it.

The soundbar and subwoofer are brilliant for playing music via my Echo dot (Alexa)

• #190 by zimmerman on 12 Jan 2018
  • I watch everything through my tv I just link my phone to It show box modro everything is sent to my tv
  • #191 by mh37 on 12 Jan 2018
  • Im a snob everything i watch  is on my 4kuhd samsung sereies9 ,and via an external hdd usuing the inbuilt media player .As everything i watch on the hdd is either 4k ,1080p or minimum 720 i dont stream even with fantastic broadband it doesnt like some 4k files at videoe bitrates 55mb/s , oh and ofcourse a surround sound system with dts is a must,that will change in a year or so to dolby atmos 7.1 or higher system when the content warrants it!
  • #192 by zimmerman on 12 Jan 2018
  • Nice mark my surround is a panasonic 7.1 surround sound good job the guy next door is deaf lol i use a chrome cast for watching gear from my phone
  • #193 by mh37 on 12 Jan 2018
  • Yeah ive used it mate but it buffers with 4k and hdr stuff so just use my external hdd via a usb 3.0 on my one connect for the samsung and its perfect,my dolby digital/dts surround sound is only 5.1 and lg but good enough until theres more content in more channel audio and atmos etc so another year or so i reckon!
  • #194 by zimmerman on 12 Jan 2018
  • I agree mate like computers 6 months on and they are out of date I have my sharp tv ins for 2000 but I bet if something went wrong in the future I would not get my money's worth back tv's are coming down in price all of the time the clutching is down to your internet connection I don't have a problem with that at all in 1080i which does me as you say mate you are a 4k snob lol
  • #195 by Ceekay on 12 Jan 2018
  • as you say mate you are a 4k snob lol

:laughtears: :laughtears: Ive been telling him this for months!! lmao!
Pages:
Actions