Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Jax Mint  (Read 211 times)

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +381
Jax Mint
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:58:05 PM »
Well got round to making this up this morning. 3mg nic, 70% VG, 8% flavour,  and being vaped in a doggystyle tank, new coil and wick, 0.4ohms and running at 18w.

OK the flavour description on Chefs Flavours website says this:

Light. Cool. Refreshing. Home grown garden mint bunched and blended together with a creamy vanilla custard base.

Hmmm I agree with some of it, yes its cool and refreshing, but the mint tastes quite sweet. Probably because its wrapped up in this same sticky sweet flavour that all Jax flavours are supposed to be based on.... Custard. I don't get it, I just don't get the taste of custard when I vape any Jax flavours  :no2: 

Maybe I'm looking for a Birds custard taste, that just isn't there. Anyhow... there is a creamy sweet background taste, which kind of makes this taste like a creamy mint humbug.

There is a mild vanilla back taste, not too overpowering which is good, as I'm normally not keen on vaping strong vanilla flavours.

So it's minty (very minty actually for saying its not even been steeped yet) and very sweet and creamy, on the exhale occasionally I get a little salty twist, but I have to be looking for it. And its an extremely smooth vape. I actually can't see this 30ml bottle lasting long enough to steep for much more than a few days.. it will be gone! Vaped!  :yes:

It might be a nice flavour to mix with fudge and see what I get. Although I can't see it mixing well with some fruits as its just too creamy, maybe sweeter ones would be ok, such as peach or strawberry  :think:

Me likey, would probably give it a 7 out of 10.

I will update in a few days if theres much change to the flavour while its steeping.

• Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Online zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +315
Re: Jax Mint
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
Great review Julie no the custard flavour is a real homemade custard not a birds or ambrosia tin custard maybe that's where you are getting mixed up but yes if left to steep for a few weeks the mint would settle down and the custard would be more prominent
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
The vanilla is coming through already, which is rather a shame actually, if it comes through too much it will end up being binned.

What % do you mix Jax at Zim?

Online zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »
Mostly 10% now Julie I used to mix it lower so I am either getting used to jax flavours or my tastebuds are shot

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »
Lol, I think you do get used to some flavours. Ive done 10% before, and dropped it now as 10% when steeped can get a bit sickly.

Online zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
Yes I know what you mean I have8 jax flavours and at one point they all started tasting the same

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »
Yeah I can believe that Zim, I have 4 tanks, 3 with jax in and one with Nutzilla, and I have to say I'm kind of sick of sweet flavours today. Think I need to empty a couple out and get some fruits in  :laughtears:

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 10:28:13 PM »
Ok came back to this tonight and unfortunately the vanilla is going to be too much.... The mint is just lovely, but the vanilla  :yuk: I wonder if it would better mixed at 5%.
I really wanted this to work! lol....

Social Media+-

Our Sponsors+-

Recent Topics+-

Sometimes simple is good by zimmerman
Today at 11:07:44 PM

Premium short fills by Ceekay
Today at 11:00:44 PM

What did you do today? by Ceekay
Today at 10:32:36 PM

Leaky Kylin by zimmerman
Today at 08:54:42 PM

Quick Question by Ceekay