Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Recommend a squonker?  (Read 886 times)

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +381
Re: Recommend a squonker?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
Gearbest have a flash sale on for the VT Inbox ATM. 37% OFF (Ends in 11 hours)

https://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_488108.html

More than I wanna pay Tids.... I saw the wraith at 55 earlier and still felt a twinge of...... 'Nope'! lol
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
  • University Of Life - Studying Cool.
    • https://www.facebook.com/graham.evans.313
  • Rated: +294
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:47 PM »
Gearbest have a flash sale on for the VT Inbox ATM. 37% OFF (Ends in 11 hours)

https://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_488108.html

More than I wanna pay Tids.... I saw the wraith at 55 earlier and still felt a twinge of...... 'Nope'! lol

@ 59.59 It's a good price Julie ... And it comes with the Maze v2 which is a really nice RDA.

I paid 56.00 for mine second hand ... 

Just saying ;)
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
"May the Squonk be with you" :vape:

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
Which one are we on about?? lol

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
Oh ok yep, I get it.... too expensive for now! :(

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +314
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »
Yes unfortunately they are making clones of this model I just wouldn't trust buying a regulated cloned device mech mod clones are bad enough the boxer clone I bought shorted one of my batteries causing it to vent ended up with a nice little explosion in the garden
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
Oh blooming heck!!! I have been looking at mech clones....  :con2: :con2:

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »
I must admit, I've toyed with the idea of getting a mech mod many times, if only to see what all the fuss is about   :think:

But ...

A) ... They seem ridiculously expensive for what amounts to nothing more than a box with a battery inside it.
B) ... They are inherently more risky to use than a decent regulated mod.

Yeah,yeah,yeah. I know, some of them are 3D printed ... But So what! ... It's still just a box with a battery inside it  :roll:

I dont get it  :no2:

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 11:30:11 PM »
Npe me either! It will start at 4.2v and drop as you use it..... unless of course its a regulated mech???  :think:

And is it?? how would you know! lol  :worried:

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »
But they shouldnt be risky if you know ohms law, and battery safety  :yes:

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 11:52:09 PM »
Mech are what the purists call pure look at the price of mech tubes it's all to do with what is inside a pure mech has no solder anywhere or it just not a mech the terminals are pure copper although some are silver plated until you try a very low build in a hybrid mech you just won't get what all of the fuss is about it's just basically a battery with very little between heating your coil the less voltage drop the better the mech like most things in life you also pay for the name of some of them also some have springs in the switch and some have magnets there is more to mech than you think

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 11:59:32 PM »

Mech are what the purists call pure look at the price of mech tubes it's all to do with what is inside a pure mech has no solder anywhere or it just not a mech the terminals are pure copper although some are silver plated until you try a very low build in a hybrid mech you just won't get what all of the fuss is about it's just basically a battery with very little between heating your coil the less voltage drop the better the mech like most things in life you also pay for the name of some of them also some have springs in the switch and some have magnets there is more to mech than you think

Yes all that's true  :yes:

But why take the risk? It's nearly 2018 now, and after all, electronics have moved on a hell of a lot since the 1920's ...

And why so expensive?

Sorry  :( But I can't help feeling these Mech mod makers are just taking the proverbial out of the "Over-Keen" vapers that are out there   :roll:

Let's be honest here ... Sadly, Its all about profit.

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »
I did the Mech tubes, I still have a Poldiak on the shelf that hasn't magnets in the button. I also have a roller, can't remember who it's by, that I have all the bits for.  The switch for that has ballbearings in it, really weird LOL

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 12:17:45 AM »
You should get a price for those Julie you never know they might be worth a few bob AV or avid lyfe in one of the top American mod makers they are very expensive but you know when you feel the quality even the threading is a smooth as silk the all gold one I have even on the box it states it's a competition mod and not to be used with nicotine the quality is outstanding I can honestly say no regulated mod can produce clouds like this can another well known brand is rig now they have just made a mech box mod for the first time and the purists are up in arms about it because it has a soldered wire inside

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2017, 12:28:24 AM »

Yes all that's true  :yes:

But why take the risk? It's nearly 2018 now, and after all, electronics have moved on a hell of a lot since the 1920's ...

And why so expensive?

Sorry  :( But I can't help feeling these Mech mod makers are just taking the proverbial out of the "Over-Keen" vapers that are out there   :roll:

Let's be honest here ... Sadly, Its all about profit.
If it was all about profit as you say tids these companies would be out of business it is another part to our hobby which I didn't get at first until I read more into it then actually buying one myself it then became apparent like a light bulb being turned on they are not some mass produced Chinese  metal tubes the manufacturers only make so many each one has a serial number and the engineering is just pure quality that is what you pay for mostly hand made beautiful pieces of work

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2017, 12:54:04 AM »

If it was all about profit as you say tids these companies would be out of business it is another part to our hobby which I didn't get at first until I read more into it then actually buying one myself it then became apparent like a light bulb being turned on they are not some mass produced Chinese  metal tubes the manufacturers only make so many each one has a serial number and the engineering is just pure quality that is what you pay for mostly hand made beautiful pieces of work

Okay, all that seems like a perfectly valid argument Zim  :yes:
Just not one that's likely to convince me I'm afraid  :no2:

I'm all in favor of good quality merchandise, and I totally understand why some folks would want something that's more bespoke and out of the mainstream.

I just can't personally see the value in it.
It's all too much like designer shoes, handbags and sunglasses for me.