Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Picking my (hopefully) leak-proof RTA!  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Eetfawk

• Rated: +2
Picking my (hopefully) leak-proof RTA!
« on: October 28, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
Hey!

So, to end the derailing of topics that I brought with me to this forum, I'm continuing the discussion here. :)

Anyways, picking the RTA is a lot more work than picking a mod  :wall:

I'm kind of looking at Kylin Govad, Ammit and would love Wotofo Serpent SMM, which we don't have in stock here sadly.

Also haven't made up my mind on single vs dual coil. What would I be missing out on without the dual coil? For some reason people do use it pretty often. :)

• Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
A mindcracking experience of picking a mod...

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +318
Re: Picking my (hopefully) leak-proof RTA!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:38:46 PM »
Nothing really except duel coil uses more wire more cotton and more juice it's personal preference and you won't know which until you use both I personally prefare single coil you don't need as much power and your battery will last longer
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
I would still need more than 50W for a single coil though? I could fit a single coil RTA on my Zelos, which would look funny.  :thumbs:

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »
So I am kind of settling on my Sirius + Vandyvape Govad selection. I would probably consider the Pharaoh RTA as well, but none of those are being sold here.

Any comments? :D

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »
The govad is a decent rta I believe

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
  • University Of Life - Studying Cool.
    • https://www.facebook.com/graham.evans.313
  • Rated: +295
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »
Can't really help much here I'm afraid  :no2: I've only got a couple of RTA's and their both dual coil.
Other than that the only other rebuildables I have are RDA's for my Squonker mods. and one other Firefly single coil RTA. Which I must admit vapes extremely well.

There is only one RTA that I really fancy getting, and that's the new VandyVape "Mesh" one (When it finally gets released)
"May the Squonk be with you" :vape:

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »
Well yeah, I think I might stick to Govad, since there's just too many to choose from. Don't really want to spend another 2 weeks on picking my RTA. It's gonna leak until I learn to wick it anyway. :D

What other tools would I require? Some "deck" to mount the tank on for building? Or would I need an ohm meter and then build on it?

Probably a 4mm diameter screwdriver and a 3mm diameter one? Or are coil jigs better?

And then ofcourse... would I build from kanthal and stick to vw or can I do other metal and still stick to vw? So many questions. :D

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +405
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
Well as for deck or ohm meter, the choice is yours. If you build on a atty stand/deck then you can pop the base onto your device to see what the ohms are.

Screwdrivers or jigs, again personal preference. I prefer jigs, but I know lots of people make coils around screwdrivers. You could always get a coiling kit, with everything you need, including ohm meter?

Kanthal will use power mode (VW) and so will SS, but SS can also be used on temp control. Nickel and Titanium need to be used on TC though, not watts.

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »
Thanks! Would it matter if I buy my kanthal resistance wire from a vape shop or an electronics shop? Same with batteries, could get samsung 18650 2600mAh batts for 6.50 each from the electronics shop. Vape shops charge nearly double lol.

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »
Well I tend to stick to vape stores for everything.

But as long as the batteries are the correct ones, as in li-ion I don't see a problem. But I would ask just to be sure at the shop.

The wire, we have wire stores online here.... I guess if it states it can be used in e-cigarettes then it shouldn't be a problem.

Zim - Any thoughts on this?

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »
Be very careful buying batteries you will need them to handle at least 20 amps one thing you should not save on are batteries you really need to buy the best you can afford from a trusted supplier there are a lot of clones going around that could be either dangerous or won't last you long I wold also advise you to buy an external charger as charging in the mods is not advisable they either have poor balance chargers in them which also does not charge your batteries to their full potential the wire from vape stores normally being used for vaping has been cleaned from factory deposits unlike electrical store supplies

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Be very careful buying batteries you will need them to handle at least 20 amps one thing you should not save on are batteries you really need to buy the best you can afford from a trusted supplier there are a lot of clones going around that could be either dangerous or won't last you long I wold also advise you to buy an external charger as charging in the mods is not advisable they either have poor balance chargers in them which also does not charge your batteries to their full potential the wire from vape stores normally being used for vaping has been cleaned from factory deposits unlike electrical store supplies

Thanks! Thought so, about the wires being cleaned etc. The electrical store is quite reliable, I guess I will compare different battery options. Will certainly pick Sony, Samsung or LG from a vape vendor or a trusted store. :)

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »
That's good to hear you just can't be to careful when handling batteries people just don't realise how dangerous they can be if handled wrongly

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 09:43:01 AM »
Yep check out the ohms law and battery safety post here:

http://ceekaysvapeshack.com/smf/index.php?topic=150.0

Battery safety really is super important, especially if you're building your own coils  :yes:

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
Will do!

I am actually inbetween single coil Ammit 25 and the Govad...

Oh boy  :think: