Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Picking my (hopefully) leak-proof RTA!  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +385
Re: Picking my (hopefully) leak-proof RTA!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »
I actually love my Ammit, was easy enough to build on, flavour is great, and pretty good vapour production too.

There are just so many different RTA's out now, that we really are spoilt for choice. I want a new one for my new mod, but to be honest I don't even know where to start! lol.... gives me a headache just thinking about picking a new one!
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline Eetfawk

• Rated: +2
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »
Get a Govad and let me know how they compare!  :thumbs:
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
A mindcracking experience of picking a mod...

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »
Hahaha! Cheeky devil!  :razz: They look quite nice actually. But.... I also like the Zeus and the Pharaoh  :think:
The Zeus has top airflow and I've read the flavour isn't quite as good with top airflow. 

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
Hahaha! Cheeky devil!  :razz: They look quite nice actually. But.... I also like the Zeus and the Pharaoh  :think:
The Zeus has top airflow and I've read the flavour isn't quite as good with top airflow.

Same about the top flow. I've read less about the Govad leaking than different Ammits leaking. In the end, unless it's a machining flaw, I know it comes down to how you wick it. And every tank performs differently.  :yes:

Now I'm torn...

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »
I also have the Merlin Mini, which is a stunning little RTA, but leaks like mad on the dual deck, even if you stuff it full of wicking! So believe me, its not always about the wicking! lol

With a little bit of help from Zim though, I can actually now fill it without losing half the liquid when I put the top cap back on....

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
  • Rated: +60
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »
I think with in reason no matter what you go for you should be fine. I like both of your choices, but I actually prefer my coil/coils to be above the juice and not submerged, but that's just me.
VAPE ON YOU SHALL, CALM YOU WILL KEEP]

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
I thought of RDTAs myself as well, but since I need a pocketable device, they tend to leak when not in a vertical position. Will probably get an rdta at some point anyway. :)

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
Would Sony VTC-5 2600mAh 30A batteries cover all my needs? Or should I look to push over 3000mAh from batts?

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
The mAh rating is the battery run time. So a 3000 mAh will last longer between charges than a 2000 mAh. So it kind of depends on how long you want to last until you need to recharge them. The Amps will definitely cover you for your coil ohms.

Perhaps check out some reviews from mooch or fogstar (does fogstar do reviews?) and make sure that the battery specs are true to what is stated on the side.

And I would also advise to get spare batteries and a charger. I don't trust charging batteries inside the mod all the time.

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 12:27:50 PM »
Well the Sony VTC 5 is 7.50 per battery, while VTC6 (3120 mAh) is 14 per battery. I was thinking of getting a nitecore charger and 4x VTC 5.

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
I wouldn't pay that much extra for the VTC6 thats for sure!!

Just make sure the charger you get is genuine... we've just had a run of poorly made clones here in the UK, lol.

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »
Thanks, will try! :P

I won't buy the coil master toolkit though, will opt for quality tools I won't have to replace after a months use. Even though I can't seem to find a decent ohm meter in our shops...

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
You might have to order from else where then?

Offline Eetfawk

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 01:00:21 PM »
Perhaps. As a charger, would a Nitecore I2 NEW be good enough? If I rotate 4 batteries, I don't think I'd need more than 2 to charge at the same time.

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
I haven't seen that one, but nitecore get pretty good reviews.

A 2 bay charger will be fine for 4 batteries. I have a 4 bay but thats only because I have so many mods on the go, and you can guarantee they all run out of charge at the same time!  :fp2:

Social Media+-

Our Sponsors+-

Recent Topics+-

Do You Know OBS Crius Dual Coil Version RTA tank ? by Efun.top
Today at 04:10:31 AM

Vapefly Mesh Plus RDTA Tank Atomizer|Compatible with mesh wire, single coil/dual by vaporl
Today at 02:00:43 AM

The Last Post Thread by tiddler
Today at 12:42:15 AM

Daily Handcheck by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 09:41:55 PM

Cool squonker by SmokeScreen
January 17, 2018, 08:15:45 PM

Aspire Revvo by Ceekay
January 17, 2018, 07:33:50 PM

So this is where you're all hiding..... by Ceekay
January 17, 2018, 07:25:50 PM

Tiny Demon Killer Kit Review by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 05:28:26 PM

E-cigarettes Can Help Smokers Quit and Public Officials Should Take Note by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 05:01:07 PM

Leaky Kylin by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 04:58:03 PM

Birthdays+-