Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Exploding batteries  (Read 518 times)

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +385
Re: Exploding batteries
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
Haha!! "But I don't get it......"  :scratch:
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +317
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 02:54:09 PM »
You are paying not only for the design but quality hand made materials I thought you would have appreciated that much tids mate not poor quality bits of cheap crap materials knocked up on some Chinese machine that they have obviously stolen the design from
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
  • Rated: +60
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »
Each to his/her own. I still have a few mec mods but rarely, if ever, use them nowadays.

Although I have to say some of the mec mods are works of art.

VAPE ON YOU SHALL, CALM YOU WILL KEEP]

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
Wow! that is stunning Ezee!

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
  • Rated: +60
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »
Wow! that is stunning Ezee!

It is, sadly not mine though, just a random image from some steampunk mec mods.
VAPE ON YOU SHALL, CALM YOU WILL KEEP]

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
I do like that. have a bit of a thing for steampunk.

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 03:13:57 PM »
It is very nice tids if you have never held or used a beautiful designed and hand made mech mod before imho you don't know what you are missing out on

Offline vapesmarter

• Resident Mod Maker
  • Rated: +48
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
True, There is very little inside of them.  So why the cost?

Also ... When it does go wrong, there is nothing to protect against catastrophic failure  :oooo:

I still don't get it  :no2:

its down to the tolerances in the making and the material

it's not just a brass tube its the switch the threads the adjustment the finish most mech tubes are very tricky to get just right a bad thread or wrong thread means voltage drop the wrong tube i.e plated or low-quality copper is again voltage drop then there's the engraving the sleeve making a normal mod is easy in a big factory just cast the case bolt in the board use the case as the negative, pressed in 510 small 20awg cables away you go

my question to the landlord is if his mobile phone went bang is going back to a landline Samsung lost millions to bad batteries so did hp on laptop batteries smoking still kills more through house fires and illness than a mod battery.

its the same as my teacher when I was learning to ride a motorbike I was moaning about the cost of helmets his reply was "if you have a 10 head get a 10 pound helmet" the same with mods if you go to the garage and get a cheap 20 pound mod then charge it to death sling it around drop it sit on it do you think it will still be safe

in regards to clones hmmmm sure I've seen some about but also seen the real deal with cheap parts sold off as a clone to move stock if you have got a warehouse full of 200 mods what do you do you repackage take out some expensive parts like battery doors 510s then replace with cheap plastic and sell the stock off at just above cost
"Leather Cases, Cabinets, Bags, Desk Stands, Converted flight cases, Side Panels, stabwood hybrid mods, mech mods....and graham " whatever next....as seen on vaping biker.
web: www.vapesmarter.org
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/vapesmarter00/
etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/vapesmarter

Offline tiddler

• Free Thinking Clown
  • The Originals
  • University Of Life - Studying Cool.
    • https://www.facebook.com/graham.evans.313
  • Rated: +294
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »
I think we are in danger of getting two areas confused here.
If skilled artisans make such items for individuals or their own personal use ... That's fine and their choice.

Its when these items start to enter the mainstream market that I stop understanding the desirability of them.
Yes, I completely understand and appreciate top quality design, workmanship, beautifully built items etc, etc. And there is always and definitely a place for that in the vaping world.

It's just that, In my thinking ... None of the above means these items entering the mainstream have to or need to be produced without modern safety protection included.

:yes:  :smile:

"May the Squonk be with you" :vape:

Offline vapesmarter

• Resident Mod Maker
  • Rated: +48
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
I think we are in danger of getting two areas confused here.
If skilled artisans make such items for individuals or their own personal use ... That's fine and their choice.

Its when these items start to enter the mainstream market that I stop understanding the desirability of them.
Yes, I completely understand and appreciate top quality design, workmanship, beautifully built items etc, etc. And there is always and definitely a place for that in the vaping world.

It's just that, In my thinking ... None of the above means these items entering the mainstream have to or need to be produced without modern safety protection included.

I agree with you but for me when I reuse the board for a mod that's a regulated one say a hi cigar DNA 75 the cables inside were tiny on some the manufacturers glued not soldered the cables in place from the battery.

with a mech you see the quality high-end mechs perform brilliantly that's why they are so expensive clones have a place in the market the thing I hate the most is a hybrid 3d printed mod using bent copper plates to fire the mod the battery door that uses magnets to close via the battery

it's cost in the end

I'm testing "pure" today so far I'm down to a twin 0.13 stainless build it fires hot the battery is cool is well below what I would recommend the end user to do but I know someone will stick a 0.00000000001 build in a mod and the battery will get hot.

i will be getting the new bonza tank soon as it looks superb but again on a mech ohms law must be followed its the most frequent question i get

the same as will you make a 250 dna for me but they only vape a max of 50 watts i can never grasp that 
  • Thankyou    Like x 1    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"Leather Cases, Cabinets, Bags, Desk Stands, Converted flight cases, Side Panels, stabwood hybrid mods, mech mods....and graham " whatever next....as seen on vaping biker.
web: www.vapesmarter.org
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/vapesmarter00/
etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/vapesmarter

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 04:56:34 PM »
Well put VS a man after my own heart can't add anymore

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »

This is where it comes down to the user, and hopefully they will have a bit of common sense and know basic battery safety and ohms law. I have noticed vendors selling mech mods with user warnings now... which is definitely needed. Won't stop some folks from shorting batteries and blowing body parts off though  :fp2:

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »
Spot on julie the warnings are out there but there is always that idiot that won't take any notice and hurt themselves then want to start blaming manufacturers I have just ripped the guts out of that boxer and replaced all of the parts with mod maker parts that I had and it's working like a dream now huge thick flavourful clouds of vapor looking at what I removed in comparison to what I have replaced it with is miles apart I found the problem while removing everything the nut that holds the 510 had a crack across it and with pressing the fire button had loosened and dropped down only cost me a 6 battery but the parts I replaced cost more than the mod at least it's safe now

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
I'll definitely check the one over that I'm getting and just make sure theres no broken parts.

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 07:22:42 PM »
The problem with mine Julie was if I had not of taken it apart I would have never found it the crack in the nut was at the back

Social Media+-

Our Sponsors+-

Recent Topics+-

Do You Know OBS Crius Dual Coil Version RTA tank ? by Efun.top
Today at 04:10:31 AM

Vapefly Mesh Plus RDTA Tank Atomizer|Compatible with mesh wire, single coil/dual by vaporl
Today at 02:00:43 AM

The Last Post Thread by tiddler
Today at 12:42:15 AM

Daily Handcheck by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 09:41:55 PM

Cool squonker by SmokeScreen
January 17, 2018, 08:15:45 PM

Aspire Revvo by Ceekay
January 17, 2018, 07:33:50 PM

So this is where you're all hiding..... by Ceekay
January 17, 2018, 07:25:50 PM

Tiny Demon Killer Kit Review by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 05:28:26 PM

E-cigarettes Can Help Smokers Quit and Public Officials Should Take Note by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 05:01:07 PM

Leaky Kylin by zimmerman
January 17, 2018, 04:58:03 PM

Birthdays+-