Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: Exploding batteries  (Read 513 times)

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +381
Re: Exploding batteries
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:57 PM »
I'll have to dismantle it then! lol.... I'll be able to make a spare one from the parts I have left over when I put it back together!  :laughtears:
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline RETTLIEN

• Rated: +22
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »
Hi Rett, first of all was it a separate battery that you remove from the mod, or was it a built in battery?

I'm guessing that he had something else in his pocket too, and this made the battery or mod short in some way. Or if it was a separate battery than the protective battery wrap wasn't up to scratch, and possibly had a nick or a tear that caused the battery to short?

A battery would rarely explode for no reason, its normally a short, or the battery is being pushed too hard for the amps it can actually supply.

It also depends on what device or battery is was? There are lots of fake or sub standard batteries around these days, and you should really make that you are purchasing a good, genuine battery.

Can you let us know what he was using, and how he had stored the battery in his pocket?

Hi Ceekay. Not sure about any of the details of his ecig. I only know that blew when he carried it in his pocket. I imagine he left it switched it on and it triggered accidentally in his pocket. I suppose the moral is to always switch the unit off when not actually using it. Bit of a pain but I guess its better to be on the safe side. RETT :fp2:
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 09:51:26 PM »
To be honest I don't switch mine off when theyre in my pocket, the worst I've done is had the mod turn up to 200w and blew the back of my throat out! So yes, theres definitely a lesson to be learned for all of us in switching off the device when its not in use.

I think there would have been a problem with the battery, but without more details I really don't know.

Offline zimmerman

• Vape Guru
  • The Originals
  • Its not what you know it's who you know
  • Rated: +314
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 11:57:11 PM »
I'll have to dismantle it then! lol.... I'll be able to make a spare one from the parts I have left over when I put it back together!  :laughtears:
I wouldn't go that far Julie I am sure it will be fine mine was probably a one off
Vaping is life life is for vaping

Online Ceekay

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 07:33:56 AM »
Well lets hope so Zim, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
  • Rated: +60
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:12 AM »
I rarely carry a mod in my pocket, if I'm out and about I usually just carry it. On the rare occasion that I do put it in a pocket (always a loose pocket too, never in tight jeans or the like) I just lock the firing trigger.
VAPE ON YOU SHALL, CALM YOU WILL KEEP]

Offline RETTLIEN

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 11:18:10 AM »
I rarely carry a mod in my pocket, if I'm out and about I usually just carry it. On the rare occasion that I do put it in a pocket (always a loose pocket too, never in tight jeans or the like) I just lock the firing trigger.
Cheers ezee. Sound advice. RETT :thumbs:

Offline RETTLIEN

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
To be honest I don't switch mine off when theyre in my pocket, the worst I've done is had the mod turn up to 200w and blew the back of my throat out! So yes, theres definitely a lesson to be learned for all of us in switching off the device when its not in use.

I think there would have been a problem with the battery, but without more details I really don't know.

True. I have never switched mine off either when out and about; but I will from now on. Especially after seeing the awful repercussions of the burn. RETT :think:

Offline RETTLIEN

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 11:29:52 AM »
I've never had an ecig explode but a quite few years ago I used to have an odyssey ecig. It was a mechanical device which had a button at the bottom of the device which you pressed to fire it. If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong) you turned the button which would lock it so it wouldn't fire when it was in the pocket. For a couple of days (until I worked out what was causing it) the mod would fire when it was in my pocket, and it got so hot on one occasion that it burnt my behind. The cause? The battery was shorting out on the metal work of the mod, which was due to the protective wrap of the battery having a small tear which would short the mod out. Life lesson number one when vaping, take very good care of your batteries!

Sound advice Lenny. Many thanks. RETT  :thumbs:

Offline mh37

• The Originals
  • Rated: +26
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
I never have mine in my pocket its always in my hand or glued to my face lol,swings and roundabouts as over the years ive lost a couple but glad ive not got one in my pocket as id forget to lock or turn off even if minimal wouldnt like to chance a problem!