Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox+-

December 30, 2017, 09:15:02 AM cw6ft2ntx says:

December 17, 2017, 08:55:14 AM Ceekay says:
Finally!!

December 10, 2017, 01:24:14 PM Ceekay says:

December 06, 2017, 08:22:39 AM Ceekay says: It's HUMP Day... about time too!  :)

December 02, 2017, 11:51:49 PM Ceekay says: You're a tease VS!! Tut bl**dy tut!  :-X

View Shout History

Author Topic: The dreaded Dead Rabbit  (Read 57 times)

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
  • Rated: +60
The dreaded Dead Rabbit
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
Being a bit lazy and wanting to try this in equal measures I put a pair of coils in that I had previously used in another tank.
To say the flavour was average would be being kind, not good at all.

Back to the drawing board, If you notice the air slots are right at the top of the tank and to get coils in there with the air coming underneath them takes a bit of careful measuring.
I have now built 2x3mm ID 5 wrap parallel coils using 26 AWG Ni80 wire and have them sitting as high as I dare on the deck.
Looking through the air slots I can see middle to bottom half of the coils.

The careful measuring was worth the effort, the difference it made is remarkable.
Now getting really good flavour.

I noticed this morning on the forum A dead rabbit cap being sold. looking at it I noticed the air holes are more or less central making coil fitting a lot easier to get right.

All in all a good RDA, fairly deep well, ideal for squonking or dripping I'm dripping with it and get between 6-8 pulls before top up.

I can't honestly find anything wrong with this except maybe the air slots, but on the plus sides being high up you don't get any splatter when using high wattage.

• Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused
VAPE ON YOU SHALL, CALM YOU WILL KEEP]

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +405
Re: The dreaded Dead Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38:14 AM »
I think that new Challenge cap is definitely worth a try. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary with this RDA to see why it got such rave reviews to be honest and after using it for a while, I prefer the Druga. But just maybe this new cap will make the difference it needs.
  • Thankyou    Like    Love It!    Agree    Funny    Brilliant    Best Solution    Magic    Winner    Different    Confused

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »
I think that new Challenge cap is definitely worth a try. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary with this RDA to see why it got such rave reviews to be honest and after using it for a while, I prefer the Druga. But just maybe this new cap will make the difference it needs.

You really do need to place the coils as high as you can Julie, even 1-2 mm makes all the difference to flavour.
I have the druga too and it's at least on par with that.

Offline Ceekay

• Administrator
    • Ceekays Reviews - Blog Site
  • Rated: +405
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »
My coils were pretty high anyway Ezee... I didn't lop enough off the legs to start with! lol. 

I don't know, I think I was just expecting it to be so fantastic, and it just didn't live up to the hype. It's good, but I didn't find it to be anything to shout from the rooftops about.

Offline ezeetrucker

• Juice Junkie
  • The Originals
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
I did mean to say, even with the air wide open it's not a really airy draw.